Monday, July 18, 2011

What a difference a year makes!!

A year ago this week, I was miserable!..I was on our yearly vacation to the Outerbanks, NC with my whole family...I felt like a beached whale, I was lazy, out of shape (big time), never walked the 100 ft to the beach, had a hard time getting out of my lounge chair. I drank mostly sodas and eat like a PIG. What a difference a year makes! I am approaching my year anniversary on the 30th, I just arrived back from our vacation this year...70lbs lighter and in pretty good shape and not a pound gained might I add:). It was a completly different vacation for me this year. I rented a bike and biked along the shore several times, I drank nothing but water or v8 juice, I felt good, looked so much better in a bathing suit and had so much more energy!! I had no problem waking to the beach, hands full of stuff, every day. I felt like I barly eat anything while I was there, we only went out to eat twice and cooked in most of the time. I had a hard time with my eating and gravitated toward easier foods like ice cream. I did manage to lose a couple pounds but over the past couple of days I have gained those back. Iv been making up for my eating. Since I got out the half of a cc a couple weeks ago I can definitly eat more but I feel so much better and have had no issues. I just need to re-group now that vacation is over and get back to the gym and following the band rules. I need to start losing again! Iv been at around 231 for a couple months now. I really need to get down into the 20's enough is enough:). I had a really nice time on vacation and am ready for my year anniversary. I re-read my blog from last year and remembered how crappy I felt this time last year preparing for surgery..I am so glad I dont feel like that anymore and that I made the decision to have surgery. I would have never lost 70lbs in a year without the surgery. I needed to have it. I had lost the momentum to do it all by myself. I had gained too much weight to ever have the stamina to lose it all. I really feel like I took charge of my life. I have going to the gym for 10 months straight now..that is the longest I have EVER stuck with it. I have had my little week breaks here and there but I just have to tell myself its ok occasionally but I cant let it last any longer than that..I dont want to go back to where I was..and even though I have lapband that person can be right around the corner at anytime! I am going to post pictures of me in my bathing suit:) and some side by side pics of me from last year to this year..if I can figure out how to do it:) coming soon!!

4 comments:

  1. Can't wait for pictures! Glad you had a great time, and most of all that you were able to see and FEEL the difference.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to pictures!! Isn't it fantastic to feel this good!?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great post. It is great to see the difference a year can make in our lives. Can't wait to see the pics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great post! I can't wait until I go on vacation next year! I was banded right before 4th of July weekend and I feel like my vacation so far this year has already been different! I can only imagine what a year will do! :-) Congratulations to you!

    ReplyDelete