Saturday, July 30, 2011

1 YEAR ANNIVERSARY!!



**SORRY I HAVNT POSTED PICTURES YET***


WELL I JUST REALIZED MY YEAR ANNIVERSARY WAS TODAY! I cannot believe I didnt even realize it until 1030 tonight! I have been waiting for this and am a little disappointed I forgot! things have been crazy for me lately, I received a promotion at work and have been working really hard, my husband and I are building a home and its coming down the home stretch and we have been very busy. So please forgive me for not being able to post my before and after anniversary pics:) I am going to have my husband take a picture tomorrow and try to figure out how to put the pics side by side to post..if anyone knows, let me know! My final year anniversary weigh in this morning was 229.0 even. That is a total year loss of 73lbs! a little less than what I wanted, I wanted at least 80lbs but I will take it:) Oh yea did I say 229??? Why yes I did......I FINALLY lost a couple pounds and got into the 220's. How did I do it? well I joined Weight Watchers online last Sunday. I really had a tough time with making that decision because I felt like I got the band so I wouldnt have to diet anylonger and the fact that I spent so much money on the band out of pocket I was bummed I was turning back to Weight watchers again....BUT even though you have the band you still have to watch what you eat ....or should I say "dieting" is a way of life no matter what your mean is and I was doing something wrong if I wasnt losing weight. I was eating "easy" foods that were higher in calories and fat, I wasnt tracking or watching what I eat and I wasnt following the band rules like I should have been. I was at a stand still for 3months..I didnt lose anything and was beyond frustrated. My sister just had a baby and she joined so thought it would be a good time for me to join too and do it right along side of her. I think its what I needed. I wasnt paying attention to what I was eating as much as I should of and now with tracking using the weight watcher site I really keep an eye on what Im putting in my mouth and tracking my calories ect. I am pretty much able to eat my points everyday so it worked out...and in the first week I lost 2 lbs. Im gonna keep up with it since I think it will help me. I have to keep telling myself that the band will help now in the fact that it wont allow me to over indulge or "pig out" like I used to do, and it will keep me away from things like soda, bread, fast food and some junk food because I just cant eat that stuff now without that stuck feeling. it will also help me from gaining weight at warp speed like I used to. Its hard finding that perfect sweet spot with the band. when I had too much I was miserable and not losing and now I feel like I can eat more again. I go back at the end of September and hopefully if I lose a few more lbs I might losen up a bit to get another fill so that I can eat less again. My next short term goal is hitting the 80lb loss marker. That is 7 more lbs and I think If I stick to both Weight watchers and the band rules I will hit that in a month or month in half. My workouts have been suffering too...with starting this new job I have been working later and its hard to get out of work by 5pm to make my 530 classes. I only got to the gym 1x last week for spin class than I walked for 30 minutes another day. so only 2x total last week. I need to try to fit more exercise in, I dont want to back track after working so hard to get into shape and show some muscle definition. I have my boss's wedding sept 3rd so I want to step it up a notch and try to lose those 7lbs by than. I need goals to look forward to in order to keep me motivated no matter how small they are. So...that is the most up to date info I have. I will get some pics taken tomorrow and post. I am also going to measure cause even thought I have only lost a couple pounds in the past 4 months I am hving more and people, people that see me every day ,say that I am shrinking before their eyes. I even had a guy the other day at work call me the incredible shrinking lady..lol...I thought that was pretty funny!! promise pics to come!!!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats! You're a superstar with your band! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job in your first year! I was banded about a month before you and I have gone through a couple of 3 month stand stills! It's frustrating, but at least I didn't gain in that time. The only time I actually lose weight is when I put real effort into eating right. If WW works for you, keep doing it.

    Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete