Saturday, March 12, 2011

So glad I got Lapband!


Hey all! Time flies! I realized its been a several days since I posted....Well since my last fill Iv been doing good.. I started back on solid foods on day 2 after my fill and I am still having more stuck episodes than I ever have and it does get pretty annoying at times cause I just want to eat sometimes without worrying about eating so slow and with such small bites. Now most breads, french fries and some meat are almost impossible for me to eat. Actually alot of things get stuck now more easy...I havnt had any sick episodes since this fill but I have been trying to be careful not to over do it. I do know most of the time its self induced though...now with this fill I REALLY have to eat very slow and small bites and that is pretty hard to do ALL the time...especially when your starving. I do still sometims lean toward foods that go down without a problem and usually they are bad for you foods but like I said, now I could get stuck on pretty much anything but soup right now if I am not being carful. I picked up RPM (spinning) class at the gym and LOVE IT! I never thought Id say that about exercise! but I really do...I work out so hard in that class and its pretty intense...I sweat a ton but always feel good after taking it. The gym has become my outlet and my hobby. I had a tough couple weeks where I was feeling sorry for myself and tired of going and working out but that passed and I just am so happy that I started and stuck with the gym for almost 7months now! And I am so happy that I got lapband, overall its worked really well for me and I would have NEVER lost almost 60lbs without it. Its been so much more work than I ever expected but I have no regrets, even if Im paying that 15 grand off for the next 4 years:) I just hope that I can lose another 60!! Of course im never satisifed with how my body looks but I can see major difference, especially in my legs. I am up to taking body pump, which is a weight class 2x a week and cardio class be it spin or body combat 2x a week. Some weeks I go a day more and some weeks a day less but If I do at least 4x a week the weight continues to come off. As soon as I let off the working out and eat junk I move up a pound or 2. Saturday is my wiegh in and I am at 243.5 for a total weight loss of 59.5 lbs:) the 230's are right around the corner and I am only a pound away from losing 60lbs!! That really is exciting for me when I stop and think about it. I can honestly say that I feel really proud of myself and that I have accomplished this. This is the first time I really have felt that since getting surgery. My husband has been so supportive and not complaining (like he did at first) that I am spending more time at the gym..he did bring home some donuts last week AND I came home to fried chicken another day..lol...but I forgave him cause I can't expect him an my son to never eat things I can't right??


I am also getting so many compliments at work too...I actually had a guy stop me in the hall and say..are you losing weight?? I said yes I am and he said "you look skinny" Me skinny?? of course I couldnt just say thank you and leave it so I said skinny? i dont think so but thanks for noticing. LOL...Im certaintly not skinny but the fact he stopped me to say that especially a guy, and we know how guys dont normally notice change like that.. those compliments keep me motivated and make me so happy I made it to this point and down over 50lbs and not back just starting...Its easier to keep going when you see, feel and hear the results every day!...so I am in my happy place right now and I hope it continues..Im trying to keep myself surrounded by people who care about me and my journey and support me no matter what...:) I will keep you posted especially when I hit the 60lb marker and am in the 230's!!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you are really doing great! I know you will be so happy when you get that 60 lbs mark!

    ReplyDelete